Thirdspace Temporal Time +-16hrs

Spider

Sci-tech Month Contest Entry

|


Title: "Make Science and Technology Work for the World"
Did it with: Photoshop, Illustrator
Time taken: 18 hours.

It all started three days before the deadline of this contest. I did'nt have any ideas on the design of my entry. I initially started with this image...


...but then, I started tinkering with Illustrator. At that time, I realized that I can easilly draw Japanese-style in Illustrator than with a pen and paper. So, i began to consult anime drawing tutorials on the web to use as a guide for drawing the characters in illustrator.I never thought I would complete the students drawing in just two days! I mainly used blend options in this work. I take this up as my signature technique in Photoshop, Blending Options. I feel that the final piece has been rushed but it came out okay. I failed to add more detail in the hair and the wardrobe. It is evident that I should practice drawing the face in diffrent angles. It still needs improvement.

The meaning in this piece is that we should make science and technology work for the world, not only for ourselves. Think about it! Ever since the advent of the Industrial Revolution, and the rise and expansion of human knowledge and understanding, we have made science always work for ourselves and not stop and think of the consequences that we are in today! How selfish has the human race been! It is the mistake of our now ancestors that will be our undoing. I believe we should turn science into an advantage for nature, that nature can benefit form science and technology and also undo most of the damages that we inflicted upon it in the last hundred years.
The two youthful and well-rounded characters depics our generation, equiped with the knowledge, which is the clothing patterns, that will be able to find solutions to the Earth's problems, which is depicted as them supporting the world with their hands.

Let's make science work not only for ourselves but for the Earth too! And to be responsible is to save the world.

0 comments:

Teaching Myself about I

Who Are You?

Where are you?